Where: Denmark (57.3° N, 9.7° E: paleocoordinates 57.1° N, 6.4° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Branden Clay Formation, Chattian (28.1 - 23.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Branden Clay, which overlies the Viborg Fm (Rupelian) and is overlain by the Vejle Fjord Fm (Chattian). AGE: Early Chattian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Collection is a composite for the formation at this outcrop.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified claystone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Geological Museum, the University of Copenhagen.
Primary reference: K. I. Schnetler and E. Palm. 2008. The molluscan fauna of the late Oligocene Branden Clay, Denmark. Palaeontos 15:1-92 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 111474: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.06.2011
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)