Where: Colombia (10.8° N, 75.0° W: paleocoordinates 10.4° N, 73.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Tubará Formation, Late/Upper Miocene (11.6 - 5.3 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Tubará Formation, which overlies the Las Pedices Group (Early Miocene), and is overlain by the Galapa Group (Late Miocene). AGE: Early Miocene, according Barrios (1960), suggested to be Early Pliocene based on more recent biostratigraphic correlations, but placed in Late Miocene by enterer on the basis of faunal composition. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From horizon P.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by Companía Shell de Venezuela in 1940-1950; reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Companía Shell de Venezuela geologists, 1940's-1950's. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel (NMB).
Primary reference: J. Gibson-Smith and W. Gibson-Smith. 2012. Unpublished notes on Caribbean collection of Jack and Winifred Gibson-Smith, Naturhistorisches Museum Basel. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 131220: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.07.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)