Where: Colombia (10.8° N, 75.0° W: paleocoordinates 9.7° N, 71.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Los Perdices Shale Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Los Perdices Shale, which regionally underlies the Tuberá Gp (Early-Late Miocene) and overlies the "Poso Series" (Oligocene). AGE: Early Miocene various publications (Anderson, 1929; Woodring, 1957-1982). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; shale
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by Companía Shell de Venezuela in 1940-1950; reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Companía Shell de Venezuela geologists, 1940's-1950's. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel (NMB).
Primary reference: J. Gibson-Smith and W. Gibson-Smith. 2012. Unpublished notes on Caribbean collection of Jack and Winifred Gibson-Smith, Naturhistorisches Museum Basel. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 131222: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.07.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)