Where: La Guajira, Colombia (11.9° N, 71.3° W: paleocoordinates 11.3° N, 68.6° W)
• coordinate based on unpublished field data
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: middle Castilletes Member (Castilletes Formation), Langhian (16.0 - 13.8 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Castilletes Formation, which conformably overlies the Jimol Formation (early Miocene) and is unconformably overlain by the Ware Formation. AGE: Langhian, on the basis of macrofaunal composition; direct age established by extrapolation of Sr-isotope dating by enterer. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From middle member of Castilletes Fm; from 138 m above Jimol/Castilletes contact.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lagoonal; unlithified, shelly/skeletal siltstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Preservation: original aragonite, original calcite
Collected by Hendy in 2014
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: A. Hendy, 01/24/2014. REPOSITORY: Field observations and specimens reposited at Universidad del Norte, Colombia.
Primary reference: A. J. W. Hendy, D. S. Jones, F. Moreno, V. Zapata, and C. Jaramillo. 2015. Neogene molluscs, shallow marine paleoenvironments, and chronostratigraphy of the Guajira Peninsula, Colombia. Swiss Journal of Palaeontology 134(1):45-75 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 156551: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.05.2014
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)