Where: Haiti (18.5° N, 72.3° W: paleocoordinates 18.5° N, 71.5° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Las Cahobas Formation (Artibonite Group), Late/Upper Miocene (11.6 - 5.3 Ma)
• Stated in text as being from "Miocene moyen et superior". Graham (1990) reports the Las Cahobas Formation as being Late Miocene in age based on floral microfossil biostratigraphy, while other authors (e.g. Van den Bold 1970, 1976) report a middle Miocene-Late Miocene age. The enterer (A. Hendy) assigns the Late Miocene age on the basis of most recent and confined age assessments.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Unknown collection repository. Requires translation.
Primary reference: J. Butterlin. 1960. Géologie générale et régionale de la République D'Haiti. Travaux et Mémoires de L'Institute des Hautes Estudes de L'Amérique Latine 6 [A. Miller/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 60110: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.05.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)