Where: Austria (47.7° N, 15.5° E: paleocoordinates 35.6° N, 15.5° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Gosau Group, Early/Lower Maastrichtian (70.6 - 66.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit within the Gosau Group. AGE: Early Maastrichtian, based on ammonite biostratigraphy; equivalent to Arkhangelskiella cymbiformis zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From several beds within 20 m thick local section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified sandstone and lithified, silty sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Reposited in the NHMW
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Multiple collectors, including authors. REPOSITORY: Multiple repositories, including NHMW, (Naturhistorisches Museum, Vienna); GIUW (University of Vienna), JOAG (Steiermärkisches Landesmuseum Joanneum, Graz).
Primary reference: W. J. Kennedy and H. Summesberger. 1986. Lower Maastrichtian ammonites from Neuberg, Steiermark, Austria. Beitr. Paläont. Österr. 12:181-242 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83619: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.08.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)