Where: Bear Lake County, Idaho (42.1° N, 111.2° W: paleocoordinates 34.8° N, 52.2° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Boundary Ridge Member (Twin Creek Formation), Bathonian (168.3 - 166.1 Ma)
• "probably Bathonian age beds... lower part of the Twin Creek Limestone, some 175.3-182.9 m above the Lower Jurassic Nugget Formation in... the lower part of the Boundary Ridge Member"
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: sand shoal; lithified, medium-grained, shelly/skeletal, yellow, argillaceous grainstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original silica, shellbed
Collected by D. G. Perry, B. D. E. Chatterton in 1975; reposited in the GSC
Collection methods: bulk, quarrying, acetic, hydrochloric,
• "Four silicified blocks, representing approximately 27 kg of rock were dissolved in hyrochloric and acetic acids in order to recover the silicified faunas"
Primary reference: D. G. Perry. 1979. A Jurassic brachiopod-oyster association, Twin Creek Limestone, southeastern Idaho. Journal of Paleontology 53(4):997-1004 [J. Alroy/J. Alroy/J. Alroy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90912: authorized by John Alroy, entered by John Alroy on 25.08.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)