Where: Alberta, Canada (52.9° N, 118.1° W: paleocoordinates 1.4° S, 71.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: J zone, Outram Formation, Tremadoc (485.4 - 477.7 Ma)
• The deposits comprise detrital belts near the margin of Laurentia. Part of the Ordovician Ibex Series.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: transition zone or lower shoreface; lithified shale
Reposited in the GSC
• Brachiopods are mentioned to occur in the formation, but their placement and lower taxa names are not given. An index of A to M is used to designate Ordovician biozones (Ross, 1949, 1951a, p.27-29) for the Wilcox Pass Area.
Primary reference: W. T. Dean. 1989. Trilobites from the Survey Peak, Outram and Skoki Formations (Upper Cambrian-Lower Ordovician) at Wilcox Pass, Jasper National Park, Alberta). Geological Survey of Canada Bulletin (389)1-141 [M. Patzkowsky/P. Borkow/P. Borkow]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 10917: authorized by Mark Patzkowsky, entered by Phil Borkow on 05.07.2001
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)