Where: Dominican Republic (19.3° N, 71.7° W: paleocoordinates 19.3° N, 70.8° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Cercado Formation, Tortonian (11.6 - 7.2 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Cercado Formation, which unconformably overlies the Baitoa Formation, and is overlain by the Gurabo Formation. AGE: Late Miocene, based on Table 1 of Saunders et al. (1986); direct date from Cheetham et al. (1999). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 111 m above the base of the section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel, Switzerland (NMB).
Primary reference: J. B. Saunders, P. Jung, and B. Biju-Duval. 1986. Neogene Paleontology in the Northern Dominican Republic: 1. Field Surveys, Lithology, Environment, and Age. Bulletins of American Paleontology 89(323):1-79 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 131378: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.07.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)