Where: Burke County, Georgia (33.1° N, 81.7° W: paleocoordinates 33.2° N, 73.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Griffins Landing Member (Dry Branch Formation), Late/Upper Eocene (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Griffins Landing Mbr of the Dry Branch Fm, which locally overlies the Huber Fm (Paleocene-middle Eocene) and is overlain by the Tobaco Road Sand (late Eocene). AGE: Late Eocene (Jacksonian) and considered correlative with the Moodys Branch Fm and Cocoa Sand. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From lower part of bed 5.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, shelly/skeletal, sandy claystone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by Zullo in 1980
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: V. Zullo, 1980. REPOSITORY: University of North Carolina, Wilmington.
Primary reference: V. A. Zullo and L. E. Kite. 1985. Barnacles of the Jacksonian (Upper Eocene) Griffins Landing Member, Dry Branch Formation in South Carolina and Georgia. South Carolina Geology 28(1):1-21 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 160397: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 19.08.2014, edited by Patricia Holroyd
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)