Also known as Locality 9, Grierson 1963, Ashland
Where: Greene County, New York (42.3° N, 74.3° W: paleocoordinates 34.9° S, 22.8° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Onteora Formation (Genesee Group), Frasnian (382.7 - 372.2 Ma)
• Grierson (1963, p. 225): "equivalent in age to the Ithaca formation."
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: adpression, permineralized, replaced with pyrite, replaced with limonite
Collection methods: quarrying, mechanical,
• Collected by Hueber and Grierson.
Primary reference: J. D. Grierson and H.P. Banks. 1963. Lycopods of the Devonian of New York State. Palaeontographica Americana 4(31):221-295 [W. Stein/J. Kao/J. Kao]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 20673: authorized by Bill Stein, entered by Jenny Kao on 03.06.2002, edited by Manuela Gonzalez
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)