Also known as Was: Osgood Quarry; Holocystites (H.) alternatus-Triamara ventricosa Assoc., Locality 11 in Paul
Where: Ripley County, Indiana (39.1° N, 85.3° W: paleocoordinates 26.2° S, 53.6° W)
• coordinate based on political unit
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Osgood Formation, Telychian to Telychian (438.5 - 430.5 Ma)
• "?Late Llandoverian (C6) to early Wenlockian". Mainly middle part of formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: deep subtidal; shelly/skeletal, argillaceous bindstone and shelly/skeletal grainstone
•SEP environmental call based on given information and knowledge of regional geology
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Reposited in the FMNH
• Abundances given for Osgood Quarry in table 45.42. I have added three trilobite genera mentioned in text but not included in table.
Primary reference: T. J. Frest, C. E. Brett, and B. J. Witzke. 1999. Caradocian-Gedinnian echinoderm associations of Central and Eastern North America. Paleocommunities--a case study from the Silurian and Lower Devonian 638-783 [M. Foote/K. Koverman/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 26803: authorized by Michael Foote, entered by Michael Foote on 01.11.2002
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)