Also known as Sando et al. North Crazy Woman Creek Loc.52
Where: Johnson County, Wyoming (44.2° N, 106.9° W: paleocoordinates 4.0° N, 34.3° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Ranchester Member (Amsden Formation), Atokan (318.1 - 311.4 Ma)
• Chert bednear top of Amsden Fm. "Pennsylvanian (Atokan?)."
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore shelf; lithified, lenticular, concretionary, gray, yellow, sandy, cherty/siliceous dolomite and green, red shale
Reposited in the USGS
• "Collected by N.H. Darton, 1903. Fossils listed by Darton, 1906a, p.33-34, 1906b, p.5, 1906c, p.5, Branson, 1939, p.1201, and Burk, 1954, p.2-3."
Primary reference: W. J. Sando, M. Gordon, Jr., and J. T. Dutro. 1975. Stratigraphy and geologic history of the Amsden Formation (Mississippian and Pennsylvanian) of Wyoming. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 848A:1-83 [J. Alroy/M. Sommers/M. Uhen]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 5725: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Mike Sommers on 17.11.1999, edited by Pete Wagner
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)