Also known as GS 5904; S169/0569
Where: New Zealand (46.0° S, 168.5° E: paleocoordinates 78.2° S, 44.9° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Aalenian (174.1 - 170.3 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: Unknown lithostratigraphic unit, not stated in text. AGE: Lower Temaikan = Aalenian.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the IGNS
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTOR: I.C. McKellar and A.R. Mudge, 1953. REPOSITORY: Presumably the New Zealand Geological Survey (now GNS), Lower Hutt, New Zealand.
Primary reference: J. Marwick. 1953. Divisions and faunas of the Hokonui System (Triassic and Jurassic). New Zealand Geological Survey Paleontological Bulletin 21 [A. Miller/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 63819: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.08.2006, edited by Matthew Clapham
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)