Where: Japan (32.7° N, 132.6° E: paleocoordinates 39.8° N, 127.9° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Okinoshima Formation, Late/Upper Eocene (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Okinoshima Fm, which regionally overlies the Middle Eocene Hashima Fm, and underlying the Lower Iojima Fm (Late Eocene). THICKNESS: From portion of formation that attains a thickness of ~200 m. AGE: Late Eocene, based on molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From lower part of formation.
• member-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, fine-grained, medium, glauconitic, green sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (float),
• COLLECTOR: A. Mizuno (c. 1964). REPOSITORY: Not stated in text, unknown.
Primary reference: A. Mizuno. 1964. Paleogene and Early Neogene molluscan faunae in West Japan. Geological Survey of Japan Report 204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 70919: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 11.04.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)