Where: Japan (32.4° N, 130.2° E: paleocoordinates 39.3° N, 125.4° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Itchoda Formation (Sakasegawa Group), Late/Upper Eocene (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Itchoda Fm, which locally overlies the Middle Eocene Toishi Fm, and underlies the Sakasegawa Fm (Late Eocene). THICKNESS: From member within formation that attains a thickness of ~10 m. AGE: Late Eocene, based on molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown part of formation in this local area.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, glauconitic sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (float),
• COLLECTOR: A. Mizuno (c. 1964). REPOSITORY: Not stated in text, unknown.
Primary reference: A. Mizuno. 1964. Paleogene and Early Neogene molluscan faunae in West Japan. Geological Survey of Japan Report 204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 70924: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 11.04.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)