Where: Japan (32.4° N, 130.2° E: paleocoordinates 39.3° N, 125.4° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Kawamagari Formation, Late/Upper Eocene (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Kawamagari Fm, which locally overlies the Hoshuyama Fm (Middle Eocene), and is overlain by the Doshi Fm (Late Eocene). THICKNESS: From formation that attains a thickness of <50 m. AGE: Late Eocene, based on molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Composite list for the formation in this local area.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, glauconitic, green sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (float),
• COLLECTOR: Nagao (c. 1928). REPOSITORY: Not stated in text, unknown.
Primary reference: A. Mizuno. 1964. Paleogene and Early Neogene molluscan faunae in West Japan. Geological Survey of Japan Report 204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 70926: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 11.04.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)