Where: Japan (33.1° N, 130.5° E: paleocoordinates 40.4° N, 124.3° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Miike Formation, Middle Eocene (48.6 - 37.2 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Nanaura Fm, which conformably overlies the Toka Fm (Middle Eocene), and is conformably overlain by the Kachidachi Fm (Middle Eocene). THICKNESS: From unit that attains a thickness of ~50 m. AGE: Middle Eocene, based on molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown part of formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (float),
• COLLECTOR: Nagao (c. 1928). REPOSITORY: Not stated in text, unknown.
Primary reference: A. Mizuno. 1964. Paleogene and Early Neogene molluscan faunae in West Japan. Geological Survey of Japan Report 204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 71021: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 14.04.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)