Where: Japan (33.1° N, 130.5° E: paleocoordinates 40.4° N, 124.3° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Kannondake Formation, Middle Eocene (48.6 - 37.2 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Kannondake Fm, which conformably overlies the Middle Eocene Hokonoko Fm. THICKNESS: From bed within formation of group that attains a thickness of 40 m. AGE: Middle Eocene, based on molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From near the base of the formation, below Sample A and above sample C.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, coarse-grained sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (float),
• COLLECTOR: Sugai and Furukawa (c. 1960). REPOSITORY: Not stated in text, unknown.
Primary reference: A. Mizuno. 1964. Paleogene and Early Neogene molluscan faunae in West Japan. Geological Survey of Japan Report 204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 71024: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 14.04.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)