Where: Japan (44.0° N, 141.9° E: paleocoordinates 46.3° N, 138.1° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tappu Formation (Tappu Group), Late/Upper Eocene (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Tappu Fm of the Tappu Gp, which overlies the Shimokine Fm, a correlative of the Poronai and Shimizusawa Fm. THICKNESS: From bed within formation of unknown thickness. AGE: Late Eocene on the basis of molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; lithified siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: K. Kubo. REPOSITORY: Unknown, not stated in text.
Primary reference: A. Mizuno. 1964. Summary of the Paleogene molluscan faunas in North Japan. Geological Survey of Japan Report 207 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 71042: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 14.04.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)