Where: James City County, Virginia (37.2° N, 76.7° W: paleocoordinates 37.3° N, 76.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Morgarts Beach Member (Yorktown Formation), Late/Upper Pliocene (3.6 - 2.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Morgarts Beach Mbr of the Yorktown Fm. AGE: Late Pliocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: "Gray layer in lower part of bank".
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified, shelly/skeletal, silty sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite, original calcite
Reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: Unknown collector (possibly E.R. Smith). REPOSITORY: PRI, Ithaca.
Primary reference: A. J. W. Hendy, D. P. Buick, K. V. Bulinski, C. A. Ferguson, and A. I. Miller. 2008. Unpublished census data from Atlantic coastal plain and circum-Caribbean Neogene assemblages and taxonomic opinions. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 79246: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 28.02.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)