Where: Alberta, Canada (53.3° N, 117.9° W: paleocoordinates 54.2° N, 67.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Beudanticeras affine ammonoid zone, Clearwater Formation, Albian (113.0 - 100.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Clearwater Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Albian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy; Beudanticeras affine zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: List representing formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, black, green shale and lithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the GSC
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Multiple collectors. REPOSITORY: Geological Survey of Canada (GSC) and National Museum of Canada.
Primary reference: J. A. Jeletzky. 1968. Macrofossil zones of the marine Cretaceous of the Western Interior of Canada and their correlation with the zones and stages of Europe and the Western Interior of the United States. Geological Survey of Canada Paper 67(72):1-66 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 87418: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)