Where: Alberta, Canada (56.2° N, 117.3° W: paleocoordinates 56.8° N, 65.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Peace River Formation, Middle Albian (109.0 - 105.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: The Peace River Formation is underlain abruptly, though conformably by the Notikewin Member of the Spirit River Formation. It is overlain abruptly by the Shaftesbury Formation, with strong evidence of a hiatus. AGE: Middle Albian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: List representing formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NMC
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Multiple collectors. REPOSITORY: National Museum of Canada.
Primary reference: F. H. McLearn. 1933. Pelecypods of the Lower Cretaceous Clearwater Formation. Transactions of the Royal Society of Canada 27(4):139-156 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 87457: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)