Also known as [Marks Head marl]
Where: Jasper County, South Carolina (32.0° N, 80.9° W: paleocoordinates 32.4° N, 76.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Hawthorn Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Hawthorn Fm, which presumably regionally unconformably overlies Eocene units, and is regionally unconformaly overlain by the Raysor Marl; originally referred to as the Marks Head Marl. AGE: Early Miocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position in formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified marl
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Gardner
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: J. Gardner (1920's). REPOSITORIES: Unknown.
Primary reference: C. W. Cooke. 1936. Geology of the Coastal Plain of South Carolina. United States Geological Survey Bulletin 837 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92430: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 12.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)