Where: Jiangxi, China (25.8° N, 114.9° E: paleocoordinates 25.8° N, 108.8° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
When: Nanxiong Formation, Maastrichtian (72.1 - 66.0 Ma)
• "The red beds exposed in the Hongcheng Basin are normally correlated with the Upper Cretaceous Nanxiong Formation"
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
• skull holotype IVPP V 16896
Collected by Anonymous; reposited in the IVPP
• "The specimen was acquired from an amateur collector who is not willing to reveal his identity"
Primary reference: X. Xu and F.-L. Han. 2010. A new oviraptorid dinosaur (Theropoda: Oviraptorosauria) from the Upper Cretaceous of China. Vertebrata PalAsiatica 48(1):11-18 [M. Carrano/M. Oreska/M. Carrano]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 97945: authorized by Matthew Carrano, entered by Matthew Oreska on 09.09.2010, edited by Jonathan Tennant
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)