Where: Belgium (50.9° N, 5.6° E: paleocoordinates 50.3° N, 2.0° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Alden Biesen Sand Member (Borgloon Formation), Rupelian (33.9 - 28.1 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Alden Biesen Sand Mbr of the Borgloon Fm, which overlies the Zelzate Fm, and is overlain by the Bilzen Fm. AGE: Rupelian; justification not provided. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Composite list for the member at this section.
• member-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified sandstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by Marquet et al
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Marquet, Karnekamp, Lenaerts, and Smith, in addition to historic collections: REPOSITORY: Institut Royal des Sciences naturelles de Belgique (IRSNB), and Nationaal Natuurhistorich Murseum Naturalis (NNM).
Primary reference: R. Marquet, J. Lenaerts, C. Karnekamp and R. Smith. 2008. The molluscan fauna of the Borgloon Formation in Belgium (Rupelian, Early Oligocene). Palaeontos 12:1-99 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 111368: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.06.2011
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)