Where: Nei Mongol, China (41.3° N, 119.2° E: paleocoordinates 42.9° N, 122.8° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Daohugou Formation, Callovian to Callovian (166.1 - 157.3 Ma)
• The age of the Daohugou fauna has been controversial. Liu et al. (2012) obtained U-Pb shrimp ages of 160.5 and 161.0 Myr on ash beds associated with fossils of the Daohugou fauna, suggesting a Callovian-Oxfordian age.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lacustrine - large; lithified, tuffaceous shale
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Preservation: mold/impression, adpression
Collected in 2009
Collection methods: bulk, quarrying, mechanical
• All type materials are housed at the Key Lab of Insect Evolutionary and Environment Change, College of Life Sciences, Capital Normal University, Beijing, China.
Primary reference: Q. Yang, V. N. Makarkin, and D. Ren. 2011. Two interesting new genera of Kalligrammatidae (Neuroptera) from the Middle Jurassic of Daohugou, China. Zootaxa 2873:60-68 [M. Clapham/M. Clapham]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 113365: authorized by Matthew Clapham, entered by Matthew Clapham on 28.07.2011, edited by Jered Karr
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)