Where: Venezuela (11.5° N, 69.3° W: paleocoordinates 11.2° N, 67.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Caujarao Formation, Tortonian (11.6 - 7.2 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Caujarao Formation, for which lithsotratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Middle Miocene in Woodring (1982); Late Miocene according to Bolli (1970), Hunter (1978), and Jung (1989); Diaz de Gamero (1977) considered the unit to be correlated with the late Miocene Globorotalia acostaensis Zone [=Tortonian]. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel, Switzerland (NMB).
Primary reference: P. Jung. 1989. Revision of the Strombina-group (Gastropoda; Columbellidae), fossil and living. Schweierische Paläontologische Abhandlungen 111:1-298 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 130981: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.07.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)