Also known as GS-002A-FLCN
Where: Venezuela (11.5° N, 68.9° W: paleocoordinates 11.3° N, 68.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Punta Gavilan Formation (Cubagua Group), Early/Lower Pliocene (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Punta Gavilán Formation, for which lithsotratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Early Pliocene; this has been correlated with the Globorotalia margarita Zone by Diaz de Gamero (1970), which is early Pliocene in age. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by J. & W. Gibson-Smith in 1973; reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: J. & W. Gibson-Smith, 1973. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel, Switzerland (NMB).
Primary reference: J. Gibson-Smith and W. Gibson-Smith. 2012. Unpublished notes on Caribbean collection of Jack and Winifred Gibson-Smith, Naturhistorisches Museum Basel. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 131241: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.07.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)