Also known as GS-009-CB
Where: Venezuela (10.6° N, 64.1° W: paleocoordinates 10.6° N, 63.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Mare Formation, Late/Upper Pliocene (3.6 - 2.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Mare Formation, for which lithsotratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: middle-late Pliocene; stated to be included in the Globorotalia tosaensis Zone (Rögl, pers. comm., 1986; Boli & Saunders, 1985). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel, Switzerland (NMB).
Primary reference: J. Gibson-Smith and W. Gibson-Smith. 2012. Unpublished notes on Caribbean collection of Jack and Winifred Gibson-Smith, Naturhistorisches Museum Basel. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 131363: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.07.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)