Also known as PJ# 1696
Where: Dominican Republic (19.3° N, 70.7° W: paleocoordinates 19.2° N, 69.6° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Baitoa Formation, Langhian (16.0 - 13.8 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Baitoa Formation, which unconformably underlies the Cercado Formation. AGE: Early Miocene, based on Table 1 of Saunders et al. (1986); direct date from Cheetham et al. (1999). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 50 m above base of the section..
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; shelly/skeletal siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NMB
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel, Switzerland (NMB).
Primary reference: J. B. Saunders, P. Jung, and B. Biju-Duval. 1986. Neogene Paleontology in the Northern Dominican Republic: 1. Field Surveys, Lithology, Environment, and Age. Bulletins of American Paleontology 89(323):1-79 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 131499: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 26.07.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)