Where: Costa Rica (9.9° N, 83.1° W: paleocoordinates 9.8° N, 82.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Rio Banano Formation, Piacenzian (3.6 - 2.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Rio Banano Formation, for which lithsotratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: direct date extrapolated from Bybell (1999) and Collins et al. (1999). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Hunter; reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Vernon Hunter (Robertson Research Ltd.). REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel, Switzerland (NMB).
Primary reference: J. Gibson-Smith and W. Gibson-Smith. 2012. Unpublished notes on Caribbean collection of Jack and Winifred Gibson-Smith, Naturhistorisches Museum Basel. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 132644: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.08.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)