Also known as Isle of Wight
Where: England, United Kingdom (50.7° N, 1.5° W: paleocoordinates 40.8° N, 9.4° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Vectis Formation (Wealden Group), Late/Upper Barremian to Late/Upper Barremian (130.0 - 122.5 Ma)
• Authors refer only to "the Wealdon", but the enterer questions whether these fossils are of the Vectis Formation of the Wealden Group..?
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: fluvial-lacustrine; lithology not reported
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collection methods: quarrying, sieve,
• "several thousand teeth" were collected. All specimens listed are teeth.
Primary reference: E. Buffetaut and R. L. E. Ford. 1979. The crocodilian Bernissartia in the Wealden of the Isle of Wight . Palaeontology 22(4):905-912 [J. Alroy/R. Whatley/M. Uhen]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 13268: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Robin Whatley on 08.02.2002, edited by Matthew Carrano
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)