Where: Bolivia (16.3° S, 68.5° W: paleocoordinates 32.9° S, 48.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Copacabana Formation, Asselian (298.9 - 295.5 Ma)
• Yaurichambi is entirely or nearly entirely Asselian (above the sequence boundary and basal units). Specimens came from the top part of the hill, collected from weathered material in the soil.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: open shallow subtidal; lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by A. d'Orbigny in 1830; reposited in the MNHN
Collection methods: surface (float),
• Many of d'Orbigny's specimens are at MNHN (Paris) but others have apparently been lost. D'Orbigny was in La Paz during June 1830. He only collected a short time ("a few hours") at Yaurichambi because he was ill with a fever.
Primary reference: A. D. d'Orbigny. 1842. Voyage dans l’Amérique Méridionale 3(4):1-188 [P. Wagner/P. Wagner/M. Clapham]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 133181: authorized by Matthew Clapham, entered by Matthew Clapham on 05.09.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)