Where: Venezuela (9.7° N, 63.8° W: paleocoordinates 8.3° N, 58.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Areo Formation, Oligocene (33.9 - 23.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Areo Formation, for which lithostratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Late Eocene-Early Miocene; justification unknown; placed in Oligocene following the Venezuelan Stratigraphic Lexicon [http://www.pdv.com/lexico/a49w.htm]. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Hollis & Hedberg; reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Hollis & Hedberg. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel, Switzerland (NMB).
Primary reference: J. Gibson-Smith and W. Gibson-Smith. 2012. Unpublished notes on Caribbean collection of Jack and Winifred Gibson-Smith, Naturhistorisches Museum Basel. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 134844: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.10.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)