Also known as S. 1240a; Locality 2724
Where: Venezuela (10.2° N, 70.7° W: paleocoordinates 8.0° N, 64.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Santa Rita Formation, Priabonian (38.0 - 33.9 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Santa Rita Formation, for which lithsotratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Late Eocene; justification unknown. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Kugler, Meesmann, & Senn in 1929; reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: H.G. Kugler, Meesmann and A. Senn, 1929. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel, Switzerland (NMB).
Primary reference: A. K. Miller and M. L. Thompson. 1937. Beiträge zur Kenntnis tropisch-americkanischer Tertiärmollusken. VI. Some Tertiary nautiloids from Venezuela and Trinidad. Ecologae Geologicae Helvetiae 30(1):59-73 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/M. Clapham]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 134847: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.10.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)