Where: Falcon, Venezuela (10.8° N, 70.2° W: paleocoordinates 10.5° N, 68.5° W)
• coordinate based on political unit
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tortonian (11.6 - 7.2 Ma)
• AGE: Miocene in original text; Tortonian, based on the combined presence of Euvola urumaconis and Lindapecten buchivaconis; following Waller (2011).
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the PRI
• COLLECTOR: Hodson, F. and others, Standard Oil Company of Venezuela. REPOSITORY: PRI (Ithaca, NY).
Primary reference: F. Hodson, H. K. Hodson, and G. D. Harris. 1927. Some Venezualan and Caribbean Mollusks. Bulletins of America Paleontology 13(49):1-160 [A. Miller/A. Miller/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 135499: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.10.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)