Where: Falcon, Venezuela (11.2° N, 70.3° W: paleocoordinates 11.0° N, 68.8° W)
• coordinate based on political unit
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Upper Member (Urumaco Formation), Late/Upper Miocene (11.6 - 5.3 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Urumaco Formation, which overlies the Socorro Formation (Middle-Late Miocene) and is overlain by the Codore Formation (late Miocene-early Pliocene). From the upper member of the Urumaco Formation on the basis of geographic position (Hendy et al., unpublished data). AGE: Late Miocene, based on recent foraminiferal biostratigraphy (Smith et al., 2010) and Sr analyses (Hendy et al., unpublished data); upper Middle Miocene in Hodson & Hodson (1931).
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Hodson; reposited in the PRI
• COLLECTOR: Hodson, F. and others, Standard Oil Company of Venezuela. REPOSITORY: PRI (Ithaca, NY).
Primary reference: F. Hodson, H. K. Hodson, and G. D. Harris. 1927. Some Venezualan and Caribbean Mollusks. Bulletins of America Paleontology 13(49):1-160 [A. Miller/A. Miller/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 135500: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.10.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)