Where: Denmark (55.7° N, 12.6° E: paleocoordinates 49.9° N, 9.3° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: NP4-NP5 nannofossil zone, Lellinge Greensand Formation, Selandian (61.6 - 59.2 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Lellinge Greensand, which is unconformably overlying the Danian Limestone, and is overlain by the Kerteminde Marl. AGE: Selandian, NP4-NP5 nannofossil zones, and P3 foraminiferal zone.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, green sandstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by Rosenkrantz in 1920
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTORS: A. Rosenkrantz, 1920. REPOSITORIES: Include Geological Museum of the University of Copenhagen, Denmark (MGUH).
Primary reference: W. Schwarzhans. 2003. Fish otoliths from the Paleocene of Denmark. Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland Bulletin 2:1-94 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 159793: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 09.08.2014
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)