Where: Slovakia (48.6° N, 17.4° E: paleocoordinates 47.7° N, 16.9° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Laksarska Nova Ves Formation, Burdigalian (20.4 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the of the Laksarska Nova Ves Formation, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: late Karpatian (= late Burdigalian) (Hyzny and Schlogl 2011). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: The deposits of the abandoned clay pit are calcareous clay and clayey silt.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; poorly lithified, argillaceous, calcareous siltstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Reposited in the NHMW
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Natural History Museum Vienna (Austria).
Primary reference: M. Harzhauser and J. Schloegl. 2012. Lepadiform and scalpelliform barnacles from the Oligocene and Miocene of the Paratethys Sea. Palaeontology 55(5):923-936 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 160736: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.08.2014, edited by Mihaela Krause and Matthew Clapham
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)