Where: Sioux County, Nebraska (42.9° N, 103.8° W: paleocoordinates 43.9° N, 96.3° W)
• coordinate based on political unit
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Whitney Member (Brule Formation), Whitneyan (33.3 - 30.8 Ma)
• "near the top of the Upper Brule"
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Cook
Collection methods: surface (in situ)
• "The skull and jaws were weathering out"
Primary reference: H. J. Cook. 1934. New artiodactyls from the Oligocene and Lower Miocene of Nebraska. American Midland Naturalist 15(2):148-165 [J. Alroy/J. Alroy/J. Alroy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 17388: authorized by John Alroy, entered by John Alroy on 21.09.1998
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)