Where: Landes, France (43.6° N, 1.1° W: paleocoordinates 43.1° N, 4.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: SBZ21 foram zone, Calcaire à Astéries Formation, Rupelian (33.9 - 28.1 Ma)
• Section described in Janssen (1985a), some samples refer to bed numbers in that paper. SBZ21 zone (larger foraminifera; Cahuzac & Poignant, 1997) and Sr estimated age 31.6 Ma.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: unlithified, gray marl and calcareous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Reposited in the MNHN
• COLLECTORS: Unknown. REPOSITORY: MNHN, Paris.
Primary reference: B. Cahuzac and A. W. Janssen. 2010. Eocene to Miocene holoplanktonic Mollusca (Gastropoda) of the Aquitaine Basin, southwest France. Scripta geologica 141:1-193 [W. Kiessling/M. Krause]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 176463: authorized by Pete Wagner, entered by Pete Wagner on 13.02.2016
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)