Where: Dominican Republic (19.1° N, 70.6° W: paleocoordinates 18.9° N, 69.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Baitoa Formation, Burdigalian (20.4 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Baitoa Fm, which unconformably underlies the Cercardo, and overlies unconformably the Tabera Fm. AGE: Early Miocene, based on Table 1 of Saunders et al. (1986); emended to Burdigalian by enterer on the basis of stratigraphic position. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: See text-figure 24 of Saunders et al. (1986).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite, original calcite
Reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: E. Vokes. REPOSITORY: PRI. FIDELITY: Moderate ecological fidelity.
Primary reference: L. Dolin. 1991. Cypraeoidea and Lamellarioidea (Mollusca: Gastropoda), from the Chipola Formation (late early Miocene) of northwestern Florida. Tulane Studies in Geology and Paleontology 24(1-2):1-60 [P. Wagner/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 179697: authorized by Pete Wagner, entered by Pete Wagner on 24.06.2016
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)