Where: Irkutsk, Russian Federation (56.3° N, 101.6° E: paleocoordinates 10.9° N, 17.1° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• hand sample-level geographic resolution
When: Pygodus serra conodont zone, Lower Member (Mamyry Formation), Llanvirn (466.0 - 460.9 Ma)
• lower Mamyry Formation. Based on conodonts, likely early Llanvirn. PJW: This is now the Tareevo formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: red, muddy, calcareous sandstone and ooidal limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Dzik
• "Specimens are housed at the Institute of Paleobiology of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warszawa, Poland (ZPAL)"
Primary reference: J. Dzik. 2010. Brachiopod identity of alleged monoplacophoran ancestors of cephalopods. Malacologia 52(1):97-113 [P. Novack-Gottshall/P. Novack-Gottshall]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 210176: authorized by Phil Novack-Gottshall, entered by Phil Novack-Gottshall on 25.05.2020
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)