Also known as Schoharie River, NY
Where: Schoharie County, New York (42.4° N, 74.4° W: paleocoordinates 37.6° S, 22.4° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Panther Mountain Formation (Hamilton Group), Givetian (387.7 - 382.7 Ma)
• Bonamo, Banks, and Grierson (1988, p. 222): refer to Grierson and Banks (1963 and 1983).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; sandstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression, adpression, permineralized, replaced with pyrite, replaced with limonite
Collection methods: quarrying, mechanical,
• Collected by J.D. Grierson, R. Baschnagel, and Ed. Zyskowski, in April 8, 1971.
Primary reference: P. M. Bonamo, H.P. Banks and J.D. Grierson. 1988. Leclercqia, Haskinsia, and the Role of Leaves in Delineation of Devonian Lycopod Genera. Botanical Gazette 149(2):222-239 [W. Stein/J. Kao/J. Kao]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 21172: authorized by Bill Stein, entered by Jenny Kao on 19.06.2002, edited by Manuela Gonzalez and Matthew Clapham
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)