Where: San Francisco County, California (37.8° N, 122.4° W: paleocoordinates 36.6° N, 70.7° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Cretaceous (145.0 - 100.5 Ma)
• "Probably Paskenta group"
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, coarse-grained, ferruginous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by W. M. Gabb; reposited in the CAS
• [Stewart 1930] "Although discovered by "Major George H. Elliot," Gabb claimed to have collected specimens from Alcatraz Island himself."
Primary reference: F. M. Anderson. 1938. Lower Cretaceous deposits in California and Oregon. Geological Society of America Special Paper 16:1-331 [M. Clapham/M. Clapham]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 216130: authorized by Jonathan Marcot, entered by Jonathan Marcot on 07.12.2020
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)