Where: Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France (44.8° N, 4.8° E: paleocoordinates 34.6° N, 15.2° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Parkinsoni ammonoid zone, Late/Upper Bajocian to Late/Upper Bajocian (171.6 - 164.7 Ma)
• Late Bajocian/Early Bathonian Parkinsoni/Zigzag Zones.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: platform or shelf-margin reef; limestone and gray marl
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by H. Hess in the 1950s
• Natural History Museum Basel (Switzerland).
Primary reference: H. Hess. 2012. Crinoids from the Middle Jurassic (Bajocian–Lower Callovian) of Arde`che, France. Swiss Journal of Palaeontology 131:121-253 [P. Novack-Gottshall/P. Novack-Gottshall]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 225718: authorized by Phil Novack-Gottshall, entered by Phil Novack-Gottshall on 25.05.2022
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)