Where: Río Negro, Argentina (40.7° S, 69.6° W: paleocoordinates 42.9° S, 57.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Coli Toro Formation, Late/Upper Maastrichtian (70.6 - 66.0 Ma)
• Author debates the possibility of this being "Danian" (= Early Tertiary), and thus a report of a genuine Cenozoic dinosaurs. Currently considered to be Late Cretaceous. Formation is not named in the paper; it may be the Allen Fm. Also spelled "Cali-Toro Formation" and "Colitoro Formation"
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; micaceous, gray, green, argillaceous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by R. M. Casamiquela in 1949; reposited in the MLP
Collection methods: quarrying, mechanical,
• Originally collected 1949, described 1964.
Primary reference: R. M. Casamiquela. 1964. Sobre un dinosaurio hadrosáurido de la Argentina. Ameghiniana 3(9):285-312 [M. Carrano/M. Carrano/M. Carrano]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 31079: authorized by Matthew Carrano, entered by Matthew Carrano on 10.04.2003
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)