Where: Norway (71.2° N, 29.3° E: paleocoordinates 37.7° N, 19.5° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Lundbladispora obsoleta - Tympanicysta stoschiana Assemblage Zone zone, Griesbachian (252.2 - 251.3 Ma)
• Similarities with Vardebukta Formation in Svalbard (Hochuli et al., 1989; Mangerud and Konieczny 1991,1993), with the lower Bjorne and Blind Fiord formations in the Sverdrup Basin (Fisher, 1979; Utting, 1985, 1989, pers. comm., 1993) and similar to the Wordie Creek Formation in East Greenland (Balme, 1980) and to the Toad/Grayling Formation in western Canada (Jansonius, 1962).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: estuary or bay; silty sandstone
Size class: microfossils
Preservation: original sporopollenin
Collection methods: core, chemical, mechanical,
• All palynological slides are housed in the type collection of the Paleontological Museum of Oslo.
Primary reference: G. Mangerud. 1994. Palynostratigraphy of the Permian and lowermost Triassic succession, Finnmark Platform, Barents Sea. Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology 82:317-349 [C. Looy/F. Verbruggen/F. Verbruggen]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 31359: authorized by Cindy Looy, entered by Frederike Verbruggen on 08.05.2003
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)