Also known as CO-56
Where: Mesa County, Colorado (38.8° N, 108.4° W: paleocoordinates 34.2° N, 54.2° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Brushy Basin Member (Morrison Formation), Kimmeridgian (157.3 - 152.1 Ma)
• approx. 10 m above base of Brushy Basin Member, Morrison Fm.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: wet floodplain; gray, green mudstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by D. Jones, V. Jones, & J. A. Jensen in 1967
Collection methods: quarrying, surface (in situ), mechanical,
• Discovered by Daniel E. and Vivian Jones, from Delta, Colo.
Primary reference: J. A. Jensen. 1968. Withdrawing an old deposit from a national treasury. Our Public Lands 18(1):14-17 [M. Carrano/M. Carrano]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 35293: authorized by Matthew Carrano, entered by Matthew Carrano on 25.11.2003
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)